Historical Monument at Warrior Run Church

The Pennsylvania Historical Commission in 1929 placed a marker on the Warrior Run Church property, north of the cemetery wall on Susquehanna Trail road, to honor the Sullivan expedition against the Iroquois Indians in 1779 and the history of Fort Freeland.  At Fort Freeland, Jacob Freeland built a mill in 1773, and a stockade in 1778, which was attacked, captured, and destroyed by the British Torres and Seneca Indians.  One-hundred eight settlers were killed or taken prisoner on July 28, 1779.